Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday!

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish that features book-oriented lists each Tuesday. To see future lists click here.
Top Ten Books I Wish I Could Read Again For The First Time

10. The Music of Dolphins by Karen Hesse
      I think this is the book that seriously got me into reading. It was the first book I vividly remember picking out by myself and falling in love with all on my own.

9. The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
    This was the first classic that I read outside of school and evaluated on my own. Holden Caulfield is still one my favorite characters to discuss.

8. Abarat by Clive Barker
    This was the first book that I read that was just a complete mindfreak. I would love to relive all the awesome artwork and imagery that goes along with this book.

7. The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins
    I'm pretty sure this made it onto most people's lists this week. One of the best series full of cliffhangers, who wouldn't want to relive the suspense?

6. The Black Stallion by Walter Farley
    This is the book that started it all. My love of horses came from growing up around them, my love of reading about them came from this book.

5. The Maze Runner Trilogy by James Dashner
    I personally like this trilogy better than The Hunger Games, and would love to relive all the crazy twists for the first time.

4. The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
    Yet another series that I'm sure made it onto everyone's lists this week. This book defined my childhood and I never wanted it to end.

3. Demon in my View by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
    This was the first vampire book I ever read when I was about 13, this is what started the obsession.

2. Identical by Ellen Hopkins
    For the same reason why I had this on my list last Tuesday. The ending of this is jaw-dropping and changes the whole story; kind of has that "Sixth Sense" type of twist that once you find it out, the entire story changes. I want my jaw to drop again.

1. Sweep Series by Cate Tiernan
    I think this is my favorite series of all time. That may be a stretch but I can't think of another series that I ever felt so passionately about as this one. I have read through the whole thing probably a dozen times since I was about 12 and I still love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment