Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday!

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish that features book-oriented lists each Tuesday. To see future lists click here.

Top Ten Book Endings That Left Me With My Mouth Hanging Open

10. The Marbury Lens by Andrew Smith
      This book was one of those blow your mind and disturbs you to the point of thinking about it and getting the heebie jeebies for the next week kind of books.

9. Unwind by Neal Shusterman
    This whole book left me with my mouth hanging open, the entire concept of the story is so shocking to begin with and the ending was so open.

8. Harmonic Feedback by Tara Kelly
    Did not see this book going that direction whatsoever, left me with my mouth open and tears in my eyes...must have looked really attractive.

7. Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
    This book wrenched my heart out from the very beginning, did not know how it could end, sure enough...jaw dropped. 

6. The Maze Runner by James Dashner
    Went into this book without high expectations, with the ending this had I put it up there with The Hunger Games on my list of awesomeness. 

5. Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick
    Thought this was going to be a stand-alone novel, so when I got to the last page I honestly thought that it was missing pages. Biggest cliffhanger ever!

4. Impulse by Ellen Hopkins
    First book I ever read by her and I was hooked from the ending of this one. First book that I ever read that ended realistically and tragically.

3. The Hunger Games & Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
    I couldn't rank one of these over the other, they are both so intense and heavy at the end. I don't think I've ever flown through a series as fast as I did with these.

2. Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk
    We all know about this story and ending at this point but it still is one of the best endings ever. 

1. Identical by Ellen Hopkins
    I had a hard time not putting all of her books on this list, the endings are the reasons I love her as an author. This one though is still the one I tell people about the most. The ending made this entire book, I didn't really like it until I got to the end and now it's one of my favorites of all time.




4 comments:

  1. I've only seen the film, but I agree that the ending of Fight Club is NUTS.
    Great list :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome list! I'm looking into quite a few of these. Thanks for sharing!

    - April

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unwind definitely deserves to be on this list! That ending was incredible (as was the rest of the book). I'm very excited that there are rumors of a sequel. Even though it ended perfectly, I wouldn't mind going back to that story!

    My Top Ten Tuesday

    New Follower!
    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Hunger Games and Catching Fire both made my list as well. Their endings were crazy!

    ReplyDelete