Saturday, September 24, 2011

On My Wishlist (4)

On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where we list all the books we desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming

Apparently I'm feeling the need for books that are "The (insert female specific noun) of 'something' and 'something'" this week. They aren't related in anyway but I have been hearing about both of these books for a while now. Both sound equally as awesome.

Daughter of Smoke and Bone
by Laini Taylor
 Release Date: September 27th, 2011

Around the world, black handprints are appearing on doorways, scorched there by winged strangers who have crept through a slit in the sky.
In a dark and dusty shop, a devil's supply of human teeth grown dangerously low.
And in the tangled lanes of Prague, a young art student is about to be caught up in a brutal otherwordly war.
Meet Karou. She fills her sketchbooks with monsters that may or may not be real; she's prone to disappearing on mysterious "errands"; she speaks many languages--not all of them human; and her bright blue hair actually grows out of her head that color. Who is she? That is the question that haunts her, and she's about to find out.
When one of the strangers--beautiful, haunted Akiva--fixes his fire-colored eyes on her in an alley in Marrakesh, the result is blood and starlight, secrets unveiled, and a star-crossed love whose roots drink deep of a violent past. But will Karou live to regret learning the truth about herself?



by Rae Carson
Release Date: September 20, 2011

Once a century, one person is chosen for greatness.
Elisa is the chosen one.
But she is also the younger of two princesses, the one who has never done anything remarkable. She can’t see how she ever will.
Now, on her sixteenth birthday, she has become the secret wife of a handsome and worldly king—a king whose country is in turmoil. A king who needs the chosen one, not a failure of a princess.
And he’s not the only one who needs her. Savage enemies seething with dark magic are hunting her. A daring, determined revolutionary thinks she could be his people’s savior. And he looks at her in a way that no man has ever looked at her before. Soon it is not just her life, but her very heart that is at stake.
Elisa could be everything to those who need her most. If the prophecy is fulfilled. If she finds the power deep within herself. If she doesn’t die young.
Most of the chosen do
.

6 comments:

  1. I am so excited for The Girl of Fire and Thorns! It looks amazing. :D Daughter of Smoke and Bone is wonderful. Such a beautiful book.

    My On My Wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so excited for both of these books too. they sound amazing. and daughter of smoke and bone has a gorgeous cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yess I want these books too :) They both look amazing, and I've heard great things about both :) The cover of Girl of Fire and Thorns reminds me of The Golden Compass for some reason, ahha.

    My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get your books. My featured wishlist book is off of a local high school's list. Please come see what I'm wishing for and how I'm doing at reading through my list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks! I really want to get my hands on Daughter of Smoke and Bone, all the reviews I have read have been positive. [: Hope you get your hands on these soon.

    Erin @ Let's Evaluate
    my on my wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got a copy of Daughter of Smoke and Bone this week! OK, I think you're only the 100th person I've told :-) I am so excited to read it, though.

    I'm a new follower. Hi!

    ReplyDelete