Monday, September 5, 2011

Cover Crazy (4)

Cover Crazy is a weekly meme hosted by The Book Worms on Mondays.  Its a brand new meme where the idea is to showcase a  beautiful book cover each week.  This week I'm crazy about.....

by Julianna Baggott

What I love about it:
  • Even though it is following the Twilight inspired trend of black simplistic covers that I am so sick of seeing, I have to admit I do like this one. It actually intrigues me to find out what the butterfly in the jar represents instead of just looking at it be thinking, "Hey look a flower on a black cover...again...cool."
  • I like that the glass jar reminds me of The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath, simple but very meaningful use of "containment" for the butterfly.
  • I like how bright blue the butterfly is in contrast to the black and also in contrast to the dusty fog in the jar.
  •  The use of light is interesting, how it is shining from one side and yet the dome seems to glow.
  • The lettering may be the typical bold swirly lettering on a lot of these covers but I like that it fades out.
What cover are you crazy about this week?

4 comments:

  1. The murky jar contrasts nicely with the bright blue butterfly. I'm also curious as to what it's doing in there! Great pick!

    My Cover Crazy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It also reminds me of AWAKEN!

    That cover made me look twice. I like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love meaningful covers, reminds me of Awaken too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color of the butterfly. I wonder why the jar looks so dusty.

    Reading Lark's Cover Crazy

    ReplyDelete