Friday, August 12, 2011

Look What I Got!

Oh my goodness you guys! I am so far beyond excited for receiving this ARC from work. I got a lovely amazing awesometastic copy of Triangles by Ellen Hopkins. And here is proof:


Ellen Hopkins is by far one of my favorite authors of all time. I have read and reread all of her books numerous times and love them just as much each time. I was so excited to hear that she was writing an adult novel. Triangles is her debut adult novel published through Atria Books. It deals with 3 middle aged women going through marital meltdowns. It sounds just as emotional and heartwrenching as her teen books but from a more mature narrator.

Triangles is also told in verse which I was so excited to see because that is Ellen Hopkins' signature writing style. To quote the letter from her that was sent with the book: "With extraneous language removed, emotion becomes the driving force, and this book is all about emotions." I feel like that sums up why I love her writing so much. It isn't flowery or overly descriptive so it is just real.

So I may cheat this month and read this in the middle of all my "G" books. Simply because I can't wait. So review soon to come. :D


No comments:

Post a Comment